Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Unsubscribe feature is needed#106

There are hundreds of marketing email we recieve during the day and we are either busy or don’t wanna deal with it to tide up our mailboxes. Unsubscribe from these marketing emails would be a great feature to have.

4 years ago
K

Isn’t that already in Newton? I just checked (on the Mac) and the option is right under the address area.

4 years ago

It doesn’t work on most websites. I’ve tried on couple marketing emails I recieve and it doesn’t unsubscribe them. Sometimes doesn’t show the unsubscribe option. It would be great to have the app unsubscribe the email for us instead of directions us the webpage and have us complete it. I wanna thank you so much for saving newton. This is the best mailing app I’ve ever used and will countinue to do so.

4 years ago

I agree that this function could use some work… but in my opinion there’s not such a huge volume of it that we can’t scroll down and hit unsubscribe at the bottom of the email, and if you’re really getting slammed you can always do something like buying one month of something like clean.email (or use the free but privacy-invading ones like Unroll.me).

4 years ago

It kind of works for many popular mailing services right now. Will need to improve this. Agreed, that this is a huge pain. I recommend using Tidy Inbox to avoid too much of these emails though.

4 years ago
Changed the status to
Planned
4 years ago

Hasn’t this already been implemented?

4 years ago