Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Copy LINK to message (Message URL)#242

The thing I’ve missed about Newton is the Possibility of copying the link back to the message.
Since all task managers often have excellent quick insertion features, there is no point in reinventing them and make splendid visual integrations. Just a possibility to copy the URL would be enough. Copy a link and paste it in whatever productivity tools you use. Workaround today is to create things 3 task or Bear note an copy the link from there.

4 years ago

That’s exactly the workaround Imuse. I have todoist, and newton already has a good integration, with the ability to create a new task from a mail, but lot’s of times, I need to update a older task, and normally I use the OmniFocus integration, just to copy the link to todoist

4 years ago

Agreed!! At the time, when I need the link, I just go to Gmail, search for the email, and get the link… but it’s very inconvenient. I used to use Todoist, and a URL that opens Newton is added to the task automatically. It would be great to have a “Copy URL” from the menu, or show the option when right clicking anywhere on the email.

4 years ago

Yes, share link can be great but is for managing email with others; url callback is for one’s own productivity, this is most needed in general, not reduced to a few (although great) apps.

3 years ago
R

Agreed. There is a variety of great and widely used productivity apps out there, and it’s a lot of work to integrate them all with Newton.
An action to copy the message URL would allow referencing an email in any productivity app without the need for a specific app integration.
Public sharing links are great, I think we just need the private equivalent.

2 years ago