Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

what happened??#315

R

so no updates since it was relaunched again. was this another cash grab? if not when are the updates going to be rolled out?

4 years ago

Check them out on Twitter. Work seems to be ongoing.

4 years ago
R

all retweets from the lat 3 months. nothing about any ongoing work

4 years ago
R

If the lack of customer interaction and follow up continues, I will not ever give this app another chance. I have given Newton 3 chances thus far, and this latest chance has been met with mostly silence after the big announcement. There is absolutely no excuse for not having someone from Newton active on this board and answering questions. What we have here are two developers who don’t seem to know how to run a business at all levels. Being a fan only goes so far. I get a lot more attention from app developers that charge a lot less than the price of Newton.

4 years ago

Se necesitan respuestas y actualizaciones de Newton porque no hay razones y excusas para tener a los usuarios sin información

4 years ago

I had never heard of Newton before it’s most recent resurrection. It seemed CRAZY to me that people would still be loyal after so much drama. (It also seemed crazy to me that people would pay a subscription for an email client at all.)

I was intrigued, tried it out, and immediately realized how much my email experience was improved. I signed up when the trial ended. It wasn’t clear how to apply my subscription to the client, so I sent an email asking for some help. After a little bit of tinkering I figured out what I needed to do and got the subscription working.

It has been TWO MONTHS and I still haven’t received any tech support response to my email.

Imagine if I was a less technical user and couldn’t figure it out on my own? Imagine being a brand new customer and not getting a reply for two months and running?

Occasional updates to the “roadmap” tab on this site do not count as community engagement.

I want to be able to recommend this client to friends and family! I want to see this version succeed beyond any prior version! I want to share how beautiful, simple, and fast this software is!

But I cannot do that in good conscience if I am not kept in the loop as far as updates, timelines, and the future of this software goes.

Update the website, tweet once a week, reply to bugs/suggestions on here, respond to people’s requests for help getting their subscription working!

(If you don’t have the bandwidth to do this, let me do it for you. I would be more than happy to donate the small amount of time needed. 100% serious about this. MBA, start-up experience, currently working in product creation for a Fortune 100 company.)

4 years ago

Hey everyone! Just diving in here to say we are very much hard at work on a number of updates to all the apps. We’ve done a ton of optimizing to the backend which doesn’t result in active app updates you see in the stores, but brings a lot of stability to the apps over all.

I tweet updates pretty regularly from @jmitch on Twitter if you want to follow along.

We have dark mode coming out super soon and it’s amazing across all devices. Here’s a sneak peak.

4 years ago

Hola!!! Me alegro mucho de saber de Newton y tener respuestas como la que indicas. Todos queremos pensar de buena fe que estaban trabajando duro, pero siembre es bueno decir estamos presente, trabajando por usuarios que quieren y han querido a Newton. Un abrazo, suerte y muchas gracias

4 years ago

Thanks so much! ^

4 years ago

Appreciate you replying here.

Please tweet from the official account, or have the official account retweet your Newton-related posts.

To an outsider the project looks stalled. I mean, even your fans here think it’s stalled.

The under-the-hood stuff is important, most people posting here realize that. Help us go on the journey with you.

4 years ago
R

thank you for replying. please improve the communications to your customer base. we are clearly patient and want to use your app but we need to know what is going on especially considering the relationship is already rocky. i suggest tweeting from the official account like another person said, updating us on the kinds of updates being worked on, ETA for the next updates, etc.

4 years ago

The reply here is great and all - But the recent reviews on the app and lack of response to support is concerning. Is everyone and everything (including paying customers) being ignored because you all are busy at work?? Too busy to also run the social / communication level aspects of your business?

4 years ago

Twitter is being updated nearly hourly and we released new betas last week. Not sure what you mean in terms of not communicating.

4 years ago

Just recent app reviews on app store are unsettling. I know people can be harsh - Don’t get me wrong I love(d) this app and have not found a replacement for it yet since parting ways a year or more ago. Just worried about diving in again - would pay in a heart beat, but is it even a good time to do it if no changes have been made (public not beta)?

As the dev - Should someone purchase your app now given last update was 2 months ago? When do you expect a public release with a stable app to happen?

4 years ago

We use the app as our daily email app. There’s been tons and tons of changes to the backend over the last two months that don’t result in an update on the stores. I know it’s tough cause you all can’t see that, but promise we are working every day to improve Newton in every way. It’s definitely worth the purchase if you’re a new or return customer.

4 years ago

Alright - I’m going in… Thanks for the super quick responses and looking forward to everything to come!

4 years ago