Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Any update on the product would be helpful#328

We have now entered August 2020. In May 2020, many of us subscribed to the new resurrected Newton Mail. Since that time it has been very, very quiet.

To quote one article, “Kataria and Mitchell have big ambitions for the latest reincarnation of Newton Mail, though. First off, the two are promising that should their attempt at running Newton Mail fail, they’ll “open-source Newton and find a way for self-hosted servers to support the product indefinitely,” so that customers who continue to rely on (and pay for) the service won’t be left completely in the lurch.

The two are also promising better communication and customer support for customers”

Haven’t seen any communication since May, so even a short update would be better than complete silence.

4 years ago

I’m eager for an update, too. They’ve been familiarizing themselves with the extensive codebase and have some nice improvements in the works. They opened beta access in July and have posted a few updates via their Twitter feed – https://twitter.com/newtonmailapp. I’m hoping to see some update within the coming weeks.

4 years ago

Not too be rude, but some of us don’t use social media. Seems like a company whose product is email could email occasional updates to their paid subscribers.

4 years ago

To be honest i am just about to give up and go back to Edison. I also paid up in May but so far its been quiet. We had to endure to very delayed notifications and now i have had no mail for 2 days despite numerous reboots, resets etc.

4 years ago

They also said this “Before we go there though, we want to focus on cleaning house for the next 6 months or so.”
I think they’re also mainly focused on this community portal and are updating what’s in the roadmap now. But I agree that there should be more activities on social media and medium.

4 years ago

They’ve just posted betas for all the different platforms, and their twitter presence is improved. I’ve added their Twitter account to my RSS aggregator to stay up to date. Agreed that regular email comms would be great, but they are making a better effort than they were a few weeks ago.

They could definitely use a brand/comms manager. I’ve volunteered to do this for them, but they haven’t gotten back to me. ;)

4 years ago