Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Unified sender's names across all email accounts#409

Hi there,

I have been a loyal customer since 2016 and I absolutely love Newton except only one annoying feature!

When I send an email from other email clients (for example Polymail), I can choose how the sender’s name appears on my message. Basically, my sent messages display my name regardless of the account sent from. In fact, all email accounts associated with a Plymail account will use a single unified sender’s name (which belongs to the account’s owner) across email accounts. On the other hand, and particulalry for Gmail, Newton displays the exact google handle associated with the account and doesn’t give users the option to modify it. I really don’t understand why this feature can’t be added to Newton because the web version of Gmail gives you the option to choose how your name is displayed on the sent messages.

Just in case if this was not clear enough, let me give you an example. My name is “Islam Hussein” and I have a gmail account under the name “virolvlog”. When I use Newton for sending messages from my gmail, the sender’s name appears as “virolvlog”, and I can’t change it to “Islam Hussein”. I want my own name to appear to the receiver, not my google’s account name! I tried to play with the settings of Newton, and never managed to get it to work.

Is this something that you guys can fix/add in the near future as a part of your plan to improve Newton?

Thanks,
Islam

3 years ago