Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Name change of newton - its hard to do, but necessary#416

S

I know people recoganize netwon and they loved using it. The actual reason of using newton is minimalist look and other feature so if you change the name and keep it same with some new improvements than people will jump on it.

Newton name is damage heavily on productivity space for not being reliable source because of shutting down twice and to revamp newton, I think its necessary.

You can name it Gravity Mail which is related to newton or anything of your choice.

The only reason of me not subscribing your service is not sure if its gonna stay or not. that’s wont give an assurity even if its gravity mail but with newton level of comfort is slowly degraded.

Good luck. @Maitrikvk

3 years ago

I could not disagree more. Changing the name would make it seem like they are trying to hide the history of the app. It’s much better to own it and explain why this time will be different.

It’s completely valid to have some pause about subscribing because you aren’t “sure if its gonna stay it not,” but according to your post you would subscribe if it were called Gravity Mail?

Hm…

3 years ago
S

@Matthew Brother, I’m not asking Newton to hide its history, It’s more of like rebranding and presenting a product with a fresh start.

And when it comes to subscribtion, I won’t subscribe because its gravity now, its more about being comportable. When its gravity, I don’t have the negative thoughts about newton. Now getting into newton seems like betting on it. It would be same if its gravity but comfort level would be different. #MyOpinion

3 years ago
P

I believe Newton is a good name and has strong goodwill and should be preserved at any cost. I’m not sure about your obsession with “Gravity”, Matt (I mean I understand it) but dropping Newton altogether doesnt seem to be a very good solution.

3 years ago
P

I meant @Supercharge.superactivated

3 years ago
S

@Paolidavide It’s just my opinion and if you visit google trend you will see how many people actually search for Newton mail. The youtube who was using newton for 4 yrs didn’t want to get back because he is not sure. i know it won’t make alot of difference by rebranding is important

3 years ago