Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Read Receipts IP Whitelist#444

Oftentimes I will open an email sent with Newton + Link Tracking with Gmail and trigger a read receipt from myself. I think there should be an option to exclude IP addresses that you use from being counted and shown.

I think this could be done automatically (simply maintain a list of IP addresses that the user connects from), or done manually (or some combo). Probably there should be a way to disable the feature if you don’t want your IP address being stored (though it might already be is for a time anyway).

3 years ago
B

I have the same issue: I use a True Inbox so my sent emails are visible in Inbox. If I open such an email Newton shows the recipient has read the email! And since Newton only sends a single read receipt (I believe) there are no further read receipts when the actual recipient opens the email. Options to fix: 1/ exclude the list of IP addresses a Newton user is logged in from. Then provide an option in Settings to remove that list (if user is concerned about privacy), or better: 2/ show read and link receipts per recipient (so it wouldn’t matter to see yourself in the list)

a year ago
B

Actually testing this more, I believe there is an indicator now in the read receipt that shows how many recipients have opened it. So if you accidentally open yourself, it will show (1) and then go up for every actual recipients who opens it. BUT it also increments again if you open yourself from different email client on different IP addresses (eg desktop + mobile). I guess they just count how many IP addresses hit their tracking pixel. The solution would be to have a unique pixel address in the email sent to each recipient (which Newton could do since all emails go through their backend).

a year ago