Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

On Windows, dictionary in other langages (French, German...)#590

On the Windows application, it’s only possible to check spelling in English, it should be possible to add other langages (French German….) and get a mutil-langages correction.
Even if English is very useful, we might be obliged to use our mother’s langage!
Bertrand

3 years ago
I

I agree. For me writing in a language other than English, the app is unusable. Everything I write is underlined in red.

3 years ago
V

I believe this has more to do with Windows than Newton. You need to check your Windows spellchecking configuration or add more languages and switch to that language when you want windows to spell check it.
I think Newton only uses the language Windows is using and spellcheck comes from Windows. Hope this helps.

3 years ago

As long as you don’t know, you should have the politeness to avoid any comment. Instead of “thinking” you should check…. of course it has nothing to do with the Windows system, otherwise I wouldn’t have sent my request to Newton. In French we say “Heureusement que le ridicule ne tue pas” (luckily being ridiculous doesn’t kill), think about this! Hope this helps.

3 years ago
V

Wow, I think someone forgot to take their chill pill today. This is what happens when unhappy people get access to the internet, they try to attack everyone who might have made a mistake. By the way, I didn’t. Windows apps use the system’ spellchecking language, ALL WINDOWS APPS, including Newton. There is no spellchecking option in the app because it is handled by windows.
Now, take this oportunity to ponder on why everyone around you hates you. Would it have anything to do with your attitude? hmmm who knows

3 years ago

Listen mate, you should just stop using this forum, you’re 100% wrong. Newton doesn’t use the Windows spellchecking langage option. For your information software is my job….

3 years ago