Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

iOS Resubcribe Bug#606

Hello,

I think I have encountered a bug on your iOS app.

I was unsubscribed for whatever reason a few days ago:
Your subscription from CloudMagic, Inc., Newton Annual, has been discontinued. For more information, contact CloudMagic, Inc..

And when I tried to resubcribe by clicking the yellow notification banner on top of the app it links me to the newton website and not the in-app purchase for subscribing.

I thought it was because my subscription has not expired yet, but it’s the same after it has expired.

I have found that I can make the purchase on my Mac’s app so it’s solved right now but you guys should probably look into this.

3 years ago

Re/subscribing is pretty much a mess right now for both mobile and desktop apps.

• I started seeing the “your subscription has expired on” about a week before it actually had. Really, it just needs to say “will’ to clear this up prior to expiration and “has” after the fact.
  • The link drops you on the Newton homepage with no real instruction as to what’s going on - yes, I see the subscribe button. Should just take users to straight to https://payments.newtonhq.com
  • For users that have been with Newton for awhile - I don’t believe there was any indication that we weren’t subscribing through the app store anymore. Great move on Dev’s part, but a little explanation would clear things up.
  • Only reason I knew payments.newtonhq.com was the right place to resubscribe was via email with support
  • Mobile app; FAQ link is a 503, Subscription info still refers to iTunes Store. Both dead ends to an answer.
  • “Subscribed to Newton” (Mobile), “Subscribed till” (Desktop) pop up a feature carousel? Wtf - does this have anything to do with my subscription?
  • Whatever happens, both mobile and desktop should follow the same flow - what I see in each app is a bit disjointed.
  • Just because - in the desktop Help menu - get rid of “What’s New” none of it is new, hasn’t been updated in ages.
3 years ago

I am having the same issue. Just reinstalled the app on iOS and did the subscription through there and it doesn’t work. I’ve now spent $50 on nothing…

3 years ago