Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Two nagging bugs that Newton fails to address#626

I am profoundly disappointed with the lack of technical support and inattention to bug fixes. I have two very troubling ones that you have totally ignored.

Templates. I have repeatedly told you how a template I created that consists of some text and ten PDFs fails to send. It will sit in the outbox forever unless I manually delete it.

Signatures. My signature has a PNG logo that intermittently fails. I cannot get it to display at all even if updating my signature.
I pay good money for your email client. You are NOT earning your fees at all to my way of thinking. I love the layout of Newton and continue to use it even though my university blocks it for my PHI sensitive Exchange email. But I will not pay again if you don’t shape up. And if you ignore my emails, I will ask for a reimbursement of this year’s subscription.

3 years ago

Another person having the same issue with template emails not sending! How come they have not addressed this issue? This has been reported many times.

3 years ago

They won’t respond. They have been not responding for over a year now. It’s a sad state of affairs for what was once the most beloved and fawned over email client.

3 years ago

To their credit, they did help me with my signature issue, but the template issue has not been addressed yet so far as I know.

3 years ago

So guys I took screenshots of the many times this issue was mentioned and sent an email to them. But knowing they won’t reply, I moved away from Newton completely. Currently using Edison - with no send later features - might move into Polymail.

Thankfully I was still under trial with 7 days remaining, so I didn’t have to pay their annual fee. I loved the simplicity and the smart features. But I reply on templates way too much for common enquiries.

Maybe if these issues get addressed, and I’m not tied down with another subscription, I’ll give Newton another go.

It feels wrong to give money to a company who doesn’t acknowledge or respond to customer complaints.

3 years ago

See, the problem is not that these guys don’t care and don’t want to help, the problem is that they are trying to keep up with the latest trends adding new features to the outdated platform that they do not have enough time to find and fix the existing bugs.

There are so many issues right now with the existing code the new owners inherited that if these codes have not been documented correctly, it would literally take them weeks to just figure out where to look for the issue!

Honestly, I think at this point these guys are better off rewriting the whole thing from scratch than trying to slap patches here and there.

3 years ago

Lol… you say that as if they are just adding tons and tons of new things. What have they added that’s actually worked?

Dark mode: broken
Templates: broken

Uhm… what else?

3 years ago

In no way I am arguing with you, you are absolutey correct. As someone in tech I just know how long it takes to write new code that actually works. If you dont have a large team doing the work for you which I dont believe these guys do anymore (or did at all) it would take a very long time to add new features and fix the old ones. Which is a terrible thing! It sucks, I know!

Somehow my templates and dark mode work but there are tons of other issues. The search sucks and doesnt work half the time, you cant drag files out of emails (it’ll crash), you can’t open emails in windows (unless you are composing a new email), etc… honestly too many bugs and issues to go through. As I pointed out, these gys are trying to add features to keep up with other larger companies like Spark while they dont have enough manpower to fix existing bugs. It’s a huge problem and you are absolutely right!

3 years ago

I love these guys for saving newton and want to keep using them but I have a bug - every time I press teh letter C when filing a mail, it opens a new compose window. Is it just me? I’d really like that fixed, it’s very painful - I’m just finishing planning my ‘C’onference.

3 years ago