Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Ability to have a side read pane for emails like all other email clients#647

Newton is awesome, and I really like everything related to it. I was considering moving to it but the experience on the desktop mac app is terrible for me as I can’t have a side read pane for the emails like all other email clients. I need to see my email list at the left, and to read the email at the right for better experiecne. Add this feature, and take my money :D!

3 years ago

HUGELY seconded. I was literally - literally - reaching for my wallet to pay for a Newton subscription, then saw that you CAN’T keep the sidebar open, not even as an option, and far worse, there’s no option for a preview panel. I get that “distraction free” in that sense works for some people, but lacking those two features was an absolute dealbreaker for me. Which is heartbreaking, because I can’t find another alternative - everything else either isn’t cross platform, doesn’t have open tracking, or has some other dealbreaker. Why the hell can’t anybody seem to make a truly good email client?? I’d gladly pay for it.

3 years ago

Same here :D, I was about paying the yearly subscription till I tested the desktop version and couldn’t find the reading pane..

3 years ago

If this is added please make it optional. I would move away rather than have another Outlook replica.

3 years ago