Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

How is sync not the #1 issue here?#682

J

Slow sync and sync across devices has been plaguing this app for a few years now. Time to put some focus on the things under-the-hood that are keeping this app from being everything it can be. It’s seriously sooooo close - the performance is just really lagging.

The new UI/Zen Box is great btw, there are some things that have been/still are unbeatable in Newton.

I’m back because Tempo [https://www.yourtempo.co] decided to sunset (now a free standalone app) - they pretty much nailed everything on the desktop side of things - especially replies.

19 days ago
J

Also, downloading attachments is not functioning right now (MacOS), yes they open, but they’re stored in Newton temp.

19 days ago

@JPM, I agree with you on the Sync issues. Have been having a lot of these off late. I use it on 3 devices - MBP, MBA and iPhone and one of the devices (MBA usually) always seems to have emails marked as Unread which have been taken care off in the other emails + GMail.

However, as to your download issue, if you set the Download folder via Newton > Preferences > General (scroll down to Download Location), you should be able to see the Downloaded file.

18 days ago
J

Ah, thanks Saurabh! It was working before the update, I guess the install reset it to the temp location on my end. Working fine now.

18 days ago
J

I’m also having messages repeatedly return to the inbox that I’ve deleted, archived, moved etc. - also seems like something in the sync bucket of issues.

15 days ago
M

Same here … Mac and iPhone are not syncing correctly

14 days ago

Same here. Its been like it ever since they started working on the Mac app themselves. I’ve told Maitrik directly but no one cares

13 days ago

It’s not just iOS - it’s the same on Android.

13 days ago

For me it’s between Android and Desktop – I keep having to read and archive the same emails twice! This is a major problem

12 days ago

Major issue since this recent build. I use 3 different devices and I have to archive on 3 devices right now separately.

12 days ago

I uninstalled the Newton Android app (now only using Newton Desktop) and it doesn’t even sync with plain Gmail properly. Every morning I’m welcomed by 50 unread emails that I archived the day before. Literally opening Gmail in a browser, archiving an email, then refreshing 10 times Newton, and it’s still there. How could something like this pass any sort of QA?

8 days ago

Its getting stupid now. I’ve emailed Maitrik and hes read it but not bothered replying. I can’t open an email in the IOS app, leave the app (to go to a browser etc) and then go back to the app as it’ll random open another email that is in no way connected to the original email. I told them about this bug months ago but nothing has been done. What exactly are we paying for?

8 days ago

As far as I’m concerned, I’m not paying another dime and leaving Newton. The root of all these issues is how out of touch the team is with their users… what’s the point of a new UI, Zenbox or whatever (did anyone even ask for that?) when the true pain point is having basic email functionality work and not regress over time!

8 days ago

Same slow sync issue across devices here, VERY annoying.

7 days ago

Same for me. The app and desktop client worked well before the new version. Now, they’re not synching at all. Hoping it gets resolved our I’ll be leaving as well

2 days ago