Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Gmail blocking Newton?#711

Just recently I am unable to send emails from Newton. I get a returned email saying my message was blocked. See attached.
Sending the email from gmail directly works just fine.

2 years ago

I am getting the same issue - I can send messages using the gmail webclient but anything via the app is getting blocked.

2 years ago

Same for me. This just started today.

2 years ago

Yes, and the messages sent just before blocks started are getting caught by google workspace as phishing.

2 years ago

I am getting messages from Google saying emails sent from Newton are phishing. Not sure if that helps - but glad I am not the only person?

2 years ago
A

I am getting the exact same problem

2 years ago

I believe this is a google issue and not Newton, It also appears to only be affecting workspace accounts and not main google.

2 years ago
A

But you can send emails directly from google both work space and regular google email addresses. But every enail out of newton gets kicked back and i have both workspace emails and generic google

2 years ago

It is a newton issue - it is happening to gmail.com acconts as well as google domains. Emaisl sent directly outside of newton are fine, only those sent through newton are blocked.

2 years ago

Has anyone tried another email client? Google won’t even let me set up apple mail at the moment… it just spins and spins trying to load the sign in….. it could be their API…

2 years ago
J

Newton Read Receipts tracking pixel Is detected as phishing by Google Safe Browsing. Disabling Read Receipts allows to send email (without read notifications)

2 years ago
A

i tried sending an email from my .mac account through newton same thing as my google emails. It is totally newton

2 years ago

Several people noted here and on Twitter that if you disable Link Receipts and Read Receipts that it will start working - I can confirm that turning both of these off and sending new emails works for me. Responding to past threads still gives me an error but sending new emails, with those options turned off, does work!

2 years ago

For me, its also not working with Apple Mail or logging in via Chrome

2 years ago