Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Sent vs Archive#718

A

There’s a slight (read quite huge) problem when replying to a thread and then (auto-)archiving it: The sent mail doesn’t appear in Sent, but instead moved to Archive. This goes against all logic of email handling, right?

It’s firther complicated by the fact that if you’re part of a thread with one account, then reply to it with another account, your reply isn’t part of the original thread in the “All Accounts” overview, since that apparently only that email is moved to the “Archive” of the new account upon send, leaving the original thread in the original account, making the original thread excluding the last reply from the new account stay in “All Accounts” > “Inbox”. You’ll have to go and archive that thread manually to “sync up” the thread across the global Newton space.

2 years ago

I sent email to Newton about the first issue you described a few days ago. After running a number of tests, it seemed to me that the behaviour you described was limited to my iCloud account, whereas when using a Gmail account the sent and archived messages showed properly in Sent.

2 years ago