Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Cancelled but Newton renewed anyway#744

A

I deleted my account but two weeks later it renewed anyway. Please provide me with my refund

2 years ago
G

This seems to be their standard position now. Take money. Ignore support. I guess Newton is truly dead this time :(

2 years ago

Got a response via Reddit.
Email come through day after confirming refund but nothing as yet through.

I think it will probably clear the next day or two in fairness.

Couldn’t really get a feel on current attitude from them, but I’m guessing they’re a small team now and things are just going past them. No response via email, just the refund banner sent through.

Is there anybody checking this forum anymore? I don’t know but I see very little from the Newton team on here? Such a shame.

2 years ago
A

Update…Received, as Wayne states above, a refund this morning with nothing other than the refund email and receipts banner

2 years ago

Will it happen again next year? Hope not!

2 years ago

It may happen again next year. they did me. I cancelled last year but it still renewed. Thought maybe I may have messed up the cancellation so I kept it another year. I did cancelled auto renewal again. Just checked my account and they had me up for renewal again so I cancelled again. This time I took a screen shot since they do not send any type of notification when you cancel. Fortunately the card I was using is prepaid. It was renewed so the date is wrong on it and it does not have enough in it to pay the subscription :-)

2 years ago
T

I had to cancel my card so that they couldn’t renew my subs. Pretty shameful that it’s come to this

2 years ago

That’s terrible. I’ll have to contact my bank and see if they can block it going forward.
This level of service is begining to make me wonder if the company if fit for purpose

2 years ago
T

My bank just said the best way is to cancel the card and then it’s impossible for them to bill you.

Unfortunately, I don’t think they are fit for purpose. The only thing they seem to be able to do now is bill people. So many bugs not squashed. Emails not replied to. Posts not answered. And yet, billing just rolls along smoothly.

I’m gutted for Newton (and Newton-lovers). Great app but I’m off for now. Maybe it’ll get bought up again.

2 years ago

Cancelled last year but still being billed, emails ignored. I’m going to have to cancel my card just to stop this single payment going out each year. What a joke and such a shame an app with so much promise has ended up here.

a year ago
Y

I also asked for a refund as it never worked for my email adress.
I sent multiples email to the support adress given and I had absolutly no reply.
I have to bring my lawyer in the circle to get the refund back, such a shame for a promising email client.

a year ago