Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Subscription Issue Setapp#760

I am using newton through setapp subscription. But as i downloaded the newton it asks for payment again , it seems the setapp subscription is not detecting in the application. Could you please check & rectify please.i will share my setapp associated email id and other account details throught a secured channel (which is not visible to public ).

2 years ago

I am having a similar issue but just on my iPhone. Newton has been really slow and unreponsive on my iPhone and iPad, but okay on MacOS. I logged out of my iphone in hopes that I could get Newton to refresh and now it won’t let me log back in even after creating a new password.

2 years ago

Ive been trying for months, I think SetApp needs to remove this because we’re paying for a service (bundle) and Newton still wants us to pay? It’s just a trial we get…

2 years ago

I’m having the same issue here

2 years ago

I gave up… I dont know if im more dissapointed with Setapp or Newton. Someone told me to give up and I finally did, there are good alternatives, and they make their ‘supercharge’ features confusing, unlike any other software email client paid lol. Don’t get me wrong,I like the features and UX, and would use it part as my SetApp, but i dont know what to do.

2 years ago

Don’t lose hope. I have been facing this issue for about a month. When I contacted the Seaapp team, they replied that this is purely a Newton app issue. But unfortunately, Newton used to flag some users. So, I contacted the newton team through their email id hello@newtonhq.com and explained the subscription issue. And after the mail one week later, I got a reply that they have removed the flag & now I can use newton with Setapp subscription in supercharge.

2 years ago

What do you mean flagged? I have a different email address than that of my setapp (which is under my girlfriends name but does not use it, even though we have multple person/device plan). Its been so long, I wish I could just use my new email thats never been on newton and show i am a setapp subscriber for years now.

2 years ago

I have the SAME issue going on. I have been a happy customer for three years, but this is NOT okay. They ghost customers and do not reply to their help email. Hey @Newton I sent you FOUR emails regarding my subscription NOT refreshing and now it says my trial has expired. For giggles I went to subscribe and my iPhone and MacBook BOTH throw errors back at me letting me know I am subscribed already. I even tried to subscribe under another account and the error DOES NOT GO AWAY. I’d like my money back or I can report you guys.

3 months ago

Yeah, I finally gave up. I liked Newton HQ GUI and simplicity, but with the lack of communication and support, I’ve been using Spark. It’s unfortunate though, I’m a software developer and I can see Newton being a great email client near the top of the competition. I just don’t understand why they don’t help or even acknowledge our issues. I’ve been holding back wanting to pay, but even then, you have to pay per how many accounts? I have 12 different email addresses and luckily the free version of Spark handles them all great, did I mention “free?” I would pay a small fee or a one-time fee but it should be unlimited accounts like Outlook for Mac, Spark, … even apple mail native. I also would recommend Canary Mail (free version, unlimited accounts…) - I see so much potential but they are dropping the ball. I think if they changed their infrastructure user experience and support - they wouldn’t need to make such $$ plans. Oh well. I’d even offer my help as a developer myself with 5-star applications in both Play Store and OSX. I’ll say it again, if they want or need help contact me at hello@jwx.io or this account (@zerobyone.com). Cheers.

3 months ago

I have Spark and i LOVE everything about it. I just need to know how to make Spark track emails.

3 months ago

@Lauren I created a simple script you can add to Spark and get notifications when they been opened/viewed and how many times, etc. If you’re interested let me know, most of it I keep open source. Discord: kitapollo
Email: ^^^ Post above

Cheers

3 months ago