Sorry, we don't support your browser.  Install a modern browser

Turn off Newsletter & Social Sorts, PLEASE!#816

L

NEwton wasn’t right for me, so I deleted it. No big deal. But, even with the app deleted, I now have to continue to live with the involuntary sorting of my email into Newsletter and Social mailboxes. I do not want this, and Newton’s support does not respond. Anybody know how to ACTUALLY stop this? There are no visible rules in place that would drive it, so I can’t figure out what I need to delete/tweak.

a year ago
P

Someone, please, have an answer to this!

a year ago

You’d have to go to their website, log in and then completely delete your account on their site. Otherwise it will continue to route (and sort) your emails through their servers.

10 months ago
P

Thank you Eno. That worked for me.

10 months ago
L

Seems to have worked for me, too, so I’m grateful. But I had to actually pay for a subscription just to get access again. Ugh. The mechanics I went with were: downloaded the app, and from the top-of-screen pull-down menu, found a “delete account” option.

10 months ago

You’re both welcome. I would have thought that your account will prevail and you could still log in, despite not having a subscription. I remember last time I didn’t re-subscribe immediately, and I could still access my account. On any account, hope you can get a refund + your account deletion went final 😉.

10 months ago